Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lookout ride - 11/11/11


This is the ride I went on yesterday that according to my bike computer was 18.34 miles. In the beginning I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to make it all the way because of too much water. The spot where I took the first picture is a little swamp right next to the dirt road and its cool because the water is higher than the road level, it's like a natural spillway, because this section of road is always a little flooded, but it is worse than usual now.  In the second picture you can see the swamp water, the natural dam (spillway) and on the bottom you see water also, but the road is actually under the water.  I went through it though, it wasn't too deep and its not soft, because its a hard packed road under all the water, so that makes it a lot less difficult.


The picture on the right of the two below is the one I took first, it was right in that same swamp area.  The one on the left is actually of a part of the road (when I made a wrong turn) around a bridge that must have gotten washed out either from the hurricane at the end of the summer, or from all this snow melt from the storm.  My bet is with the hurricane, I know it was ok over the summer though, because last time I tried to do this ride, I messed up and went the wrong way and crossed this bridge, but kept going.  I made the same mistake this time, but realized it right away, but it was cool because I got to see this, and it was okay because I made it to the lookout :).



This lookout is probably only a mile or so from the one we hiked to during the summer and tried to bump up by the lookout.  This one is further up the chain of reservoirs though.  From this one, if you look left you can see the dam that we were looking at from ours, but this one is right in line with the next dam up.



Here's a picture of me and my bike.  It has to take your place in these sorts of pictures for now.  It came out pretty well though... hope you like my pictures. <3

1 comment:

  1. hey and the water bottle from Casey! haha I love the pictures :-) The last one with the bike is my favorite. I can't wait till I am next to you and your bike!

    ReplyDelete