Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ride Into Town

Hey there, this is the route I took yesterday.  Casey and Julie were running a half marathon that started and ended up by that reservoir we hiked to look over the day we went to the pond with my family (also the dam we walked out on)  And I did my expense report but wanted to take it to the post office rather than just put it in the mailbox, because I wanted to see if it required one or two stamps. 

Anyways,  I left from my house and road down the big hill where I hit 41 mph which was pretty cool haha, and saw a bunch of runners along that road when I got to the bottom.  I was hoping I would pass Casey and Julie while they were running, but didn't have any luck.  They had either made it through town already by the time I got down there, or passed the post office while I was in it.  So then I went along the river road (the one we started on when we did the little loop and stopped to eat our chinese food in the state forest by the river).  There I saw a lot of runners, and after I made it to the end of that road, I headed back uphill towards my house. 

The way I went home was basically half of the ride that is in your biking book in my town.  It was pretty tiring, but I was trying to do it as fast as possible, so that didn't help.  I think later this year I'm gonna do the loop from the book.  There will be a lot of nice foliage along that route if I wait.  On the map you can see the reservoir, and that route is obviously around the reservoir, so that gives a little perspective.

It was a fun ride though, not as relaxing and enjoyable as ours through Salisbury (:, but it was a good workout and I mailed my letter.

<3 




No comments:

Post a Comment