Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Slowest Summer I Ever Had

The slowest summer I ever had
Was the summer without you.
The days were such a drag,
And the nights were longer too.
I watched the clock,
My eyes like a hawk,
And my swollen heart
Only grew.

Each moment I wished,
That you were near,
and my heart was filled.
I was overcome by fears,
Of being without you,
For years and years.

Now the days are shorter,
And the nights are darker,
And the distance seems
Even farther.
I want you now,
There is no other. 

If I travelled the world,
And searched it through,
If I took to the skies,
Looked down from the blue,
Millions of people, 
But I'd still see only you.

How long will it be?
How long must I wait?
I am tired of being
Stuck in this state.
While you are there,
Such enticing bait!

I'll not wither here,
That I have decided,
It seems that already,
Enough time has been bided.
"I search for you,"
To the stars I've confided.

So wait for me, 
My darling and dear,
And hope and pray,
That our time is near.
Till then, towards you always,
My thoughts I do steer. 

Look up, look up and see,
The same moon smiling
Down on you and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment