Thursday, August 4, 2011

8/4/11 ---- PAYDAY

So today we turned in the copper. I couldn't believe (but was happily surprised) how much we had. At first they gave us a big cardboard box that had 390 lbs in it already and told us to fill it up, then they would give us another or a couple more. So we filled it, then they packed it down with their bobcat and then gave us two others. I figured that the first one, which was full had to weigh about 500 after it was packed down and full, so then we had one other full one and a third that was half full. But half of the first box wasn't ours... so my guess once we finished was 250+500+250=1000lbs. The first box weighed in at about 790, and we were like, WOAH, SWEET! haha some other guys there were like damn todays gonna be a good payday for you. The second was 777 lbs, and then the third brought our total weight to 1508lbs. That times three is 4,524, which is what we got paid, not bad. It was all in my name just because it was easier but it was funny because when it came time to pay us he called me back behind his little trailer and was like "yeah I didn't want everyone out there to see how much money you had," so that we wouldn't get jumped or something, or see how much money they must have there.





Anyways, I seem to have had an allergic reaction to the copper. Kinda crazy, but it turned my skin green. I don't mind it though, it's worth the money in my eyes (as you can see, I'm still happy despite my hulk-like complexion). Hopefully it wears off before I start work...


No comments:

Post a Comment