Friday, August 26, 2011

Thinking 'bout You


Thinking 'bout you,
And the way it all started.
You were my sunshine,
The cause of my smile,
And now I don't know where it's gone.

The sweet little emails,
And texts all the time,
I'll love you forever,
Was stuck in my mind.
Now something is clearly wrong.

I'm here, you're there.
It's my turn 
To light up your life
But I can't seem to find
The way. You're brilliant,
You're perfect, you're just not smiling today. 

Sometimes I think,
Quit the job, find
a way now to be with him 
Always. I don't like this wait.
I'm impatient and I want you this moment. 

Six days. Just six days more,
And yet I'm sitting here on my floor,
Tears streaming down, 
because six days means only
Eleven days, until I say goodbye
Again. 

I see the scene in the airport
Again and again,
I'll likely cry when I see you,
Happy tears, but in my heart
Is also, a feeling of dread.

It crushes me, hurts me,
To have so many nights
With a forced goodbye,
I can almost hear your sad sigh,
And every time it makes me cry.

Breathe in, breathe out,
But all I want to do is shout.
Pound my fists on the earth,
And shout out a curse,
Against the miles holding us apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment