Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fire Pond-Pipeline-River Trail

These are some pictures from my ride today, it wasn't as difficult as the other ride (or long I think). This time I had my mom pick me up, so I started from my house and met her at the end of the trail (didn't have to ride up the big hill).
This picture was of the gate to the first trail which was right off the dirt road near my house that goes into MA.
The next picture is of a nice little pond along the trail. I think it's a pond that the fire department can take water from if there is ever a fire nearby it. I biked a little further down that trail and got on the pipeline, which had some rocky downhill sections that were a little tricky but fun. (this picture is of the steep part of the hill, sometimes its hard to tell in pictures)
Then I came to the brook that I took pictures of last time and I crossed it on foot which wasn't much of a problem.

I'm getting better at taking the self-portraits of myself. It's a bummer being the only one on these bike rides because if there were two people, we could get some pretty cool pictures, but oh well, maybe in the future. Anyhow, I thought you would like another one, although its pretty similar to the one from the last trip. I took a bunch of these along the day and this was the one I think I like the best.


The next part of the ride was pretty flat, with a few tricky spots where little streams crossed the trail and fed into the brook. In those spots it was rocky, but for the most part it wasn't too bad.

From here, I rode a little ways further and was trying to hurry a little bit because I had momma come 40 mins after I left for this ride and I figured it was about that time. And then of course I broke the chain on my bike! Luckily, it was mostly downhill and flat from the spot where it happened, and I was only a few minutes later than I had planned on.

I'll keep doing these rides and maybe I'll find some that could be fun for us to do together sometime. This brook is really nice, there are a few natural pools that could be fun to hang out around. It's good to get out of the house for little trips like this now(to break the monotony and clear my head), and I enjoy showing you where I go, but it will be a lot more enjoyable if I don't have to take the pictures because you are right there with me (-;



+

No comments:

Post a Comment