Friday, July 22, 2011

Short Sunset Ride

I just went for a bike ride, didn't really start enough to do a really cool sunset destination, but I also didn't really wanna be riding home in the dark, so this is what I ended up with. I took the dirt road that I often talk about and then took a trail off of that. That took me down a trail which splits and I opted to go towards Hartland Pond. I then went towards Hartland Pond but stopped at another pond, Howell's Pond on the way. I took a few pictures there, which you will see. I decided not to continue to Hartland Pond because it was getting pretty dark at that point, so I cut it short, but it was still a nice ride.

The one on the left is of yours truly in the trail trying to blow a kiss but it doesn't really look like much. It was pretty dark in there by this point, but not nearly as dark as the camera flash makes it look. In the middle is a picture of the state boundary line between Connecticut and Mass., this was in the woods off the trail a little bit, so I thought it was pretty cool. The one on the right is just the exit of the trail I took, it was probably an old Jeep trail or something like that because it was pretty wide but isn't used for much anymore.

This one is of me in front of Howell's Pond just before sunset. I was experimenting with the self-timer and this one worked out pretty well.
This is the same map I used for the first trip, but this trip is in pink on it. Howell's Pond was just barely out of the frame, but I didn't go much past it before I decided to turn around, so this works well enough. :) Oh and I was talking to my parents a little bit today before I went about some trails that go to lookouts around here and I think I have a few that would be fun to explore together when you're out here, so I'll try to resist doing them on my own before that. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment