...so this is the walk home I had the other night, completely drunk. It was one foot in front of the other for 13.1 miles, Google Maps says it should have taken about 4 1/2 hours, and thats gotta be pretty close, because I was at the party pretty late, and made it home at 6am, and just made it upstairs before my dad got up (lucky, I wouldn't have been able to give a very good excuse for why I was home so early, covered in sweat). At that point I'm pretty sure I couldn't even see very well, everything looked blurry at that point. I remember getting to my driveway and being so happy, but it still felt like I had so far to go. I slipped inside undetected, grabbed one of the big jugs of water from the refrigerator, and then went straight to bed.
But, at least I didn't decide to walk to your house. Rather than a 4.5 hour, 13.1 mile walk, that would have been a 28 day & 8hour, 2,135 mile walk. So I wasn't completely stupid for making my decision. I felt bad though when I got calls from Jeff and Frank in the morning. They had been looking all over Brendon's house for me. I told them I was in bed and that I obviously got a ride home, but didn't know from who. They didn't ask many questions luckily, because it doesn't make much sense that someone would have driven so far out of the way to give me a ride home, so maybe they think I was up to no good, but little do they know. I'll let you know if it comes up when I talk to them again.
haha you must swim for parts of going to my house! I actually would expect it to take longer than two months on foot. That's insanity, though. Good thing we're not pilgrims, because I don't know how we would do the distance then...
ReplyDelete