Monday, July 19, 2010

aminals

ok so this is what we just talked about in the 11 oclock work meeting I have everyday:
lots about animals, such as skunks, which made me think of the attached picture my dad sent me.
The picture is of family friends, and the dad said:  "So there  I was ... just relaxing in  front of the T.V. when the kids  yelled,  'Hey Dad, come see the kittens.'"

Mike Lucey said that as animals are domesticated, their ears get floppy, their tails curl, and their fur gets greyer. Which kind of makes sense, but that's so weird. Also, apparently there are red squirrels and black squirrels. My advisor for this project is from Germany, and she says that they don't have grey squirrels over there, and that the red squirrels are all very nice and shy, not pests at all. But apparently some grey squirrels escaped from a zoo or something, and they carry more diseases, and are killing out the red squirrel population, so they're hiring people to hunt out and kill the grey squirrels there. hahaa. 

Then we talked about Clever Hans, the horse who could count, which I had never heard of before. http://hubpages.com/hub/Horse-Who-Could-Count
And then Sara told us that her friend had cats who would jump from the counter onto the door handle, which was like a lever, so they just needed to pull down to open it. So the family replaced all the door handles with round handles, but one of the cats still somehow figured out how to open the doors. 

anyhow, just some random fun stories I thought I would share. I hope that my real job someday is as entertaining as this :-)

Hope the roofing stuff is pretty fun!
in a while crocodile,
Rachers



No comments:

Post a Comment