Hey honeybunch,
I love the Swiss Family Robinson movie, I think it's at my cottage right now.
Yea building/getting a house of your own will be fun. I didn't know your dad built your house, maybe you said that before, but I don't think I ever really processed it. That's so cool. My defense partner in high school, Rachel (Rocky), her dad built their house, too, and it had the log cabin/wood theme sort of like what you're doing. It was pretty cool, and he also built an ice rink on their property every year, which was pretty big, right next to their horse barn. Their house is where we had a team sleepover every year, where we would pass each other out (I actually was always the one who got designated to pass people out, never got passed out myself) and tell ghost stories that really scared the shit out of me. They also dared me to stick my face in a cake at the sleepover one year, and I've never been so happy to accept a dare.
The other really funny thing our team used to do, (not sure if I told you this or not) is around Christmas, we would all drive around after practice and look for reign deer decorations in people's front lawns. When we found them, we would put them on top of each other so it looked like the deer were humping. One time I was with three other girls, and the family came out and started yelling at us, so we sprinted away (we always had the driver waiting really close by) but we were in the police log for that. It just said "Four women in a car attempted to steal a family's Christmas tree decorations."
Another time we actually did steal all these decorations from one of those houses that goes all out and has all the really ugly cheap statues and figures and lights covering their front yard, and we kept all of it in our locker room. Our coach never said a word about it, and then in the spring, when the snow was all gone, we put it all back on their neighbor's yard one night.
I actually hope you don't get shot or mauled by a bear. That would be a cool story, but it would also suck a lot.
I can't believe your house leaks! And that all you did was use a towel. Was it effective? Oh man your roomies move out today. :(
We didn't go to the bar last night because Derek just kept handing us beers to drink. I really have never had a dumber conversation in my life. I just remember Derek going, "Izzy, seriously, though. Do I intimidate you?" and Izzy sounding a little uncomfortable, "No, man, you don't" and Derek kept insisting, "Are you sure? Like maybe just a little do I intimidate you?" And Izzy just being like "No REALLY, you don't intimidate me!"
That conversation went on for a while. And then Derek claims that I was arguing with him about something then immediately switched in the middle of explaining my argument and started arguing just as adamantly for the other side. Like without any transition whatsoever.
I'll be so happy if you come winter break :-) Miss you lots!
Happy Thursday,
afectuosamente,
Rach
ps. Also, what were the bets we made at the concert? I think one was about Blake Shelton's baby song, but there was another that I can't remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment