We used to feed the birds, too, but my dad would get pissed off when the squirrels would eat the food. So he would hang the feeders between two trees, and then cut off the ends of two liter soda bottles and put them on the string so the squirrels couldn't get to the food. It was kind of funny to watch them try.
The chipmunks used to ruin the gardens and make holes in the rock walls, so my dad would put out those have-a-heart traps to catch them, but we always caught squirrels instead. It was funny cause the squirrels were so much bigger and barely fit in the trap. Another time Brandon somehow caught a chipmunk, but it bit him, so they put it in a box in the shed to get it tested for rabies and stuff, just in case. Of course Jessi and I really wanted to see it, so we went out there and opened up the box. It was filled with rags, and we couldn't see the chipmunk, there was zero movement, until it just jumped out. Ha my dad was so mad because he had to go in the shed and relocate the stupid chipmunk.
My brothers also used to always go after the squirrels with their bb-guns from the second floor windows. They could never kill them with those little things, just wound them a bit, so one of them would be waiting downstairs to let my dog out, who would be freaking out excited because she always knows that the sound of a gun means a squirrel for her to finish off. The first time this happened when the Ticinos lived with us, Aunt Shar (Jessi's mom, Mrs. Ticino), was sitting there eating breakfast one morning, didn't hear the gun or anything, just saw that Nellie really wanted to go outside. So she opened the door, and of course watches as Nellie kills this squirrel. She was so upset by it, and of course my dad just goes, "Well, who let the dog out?" just messing with her, but it was a lil mean. She's well adjusted to it now, but my dad thinks that story is so funny.
My grandpa had this one squirrel that lived in their backyard, I forget what he named it, but he used to feed it dogfood. He'd leave a bowl of it by the back door and watch his squirrel buddy eat every day.
haha that's so cool that they put your car on the forklift, that would be so funny to see that.
and come on Chris, it's not the yo-yo that makes the player, it's the player that makes the yo-yo.
His birthday isn't till sunday so I could even spend friday AND saturday night with you if ya like :-)
57 hours, heheh,
see ya soon shnookums,
Rachers
Also, I'm not sure about the Wright brothers, but probably in CT. They were in one of my first favorite country songs when I was little: "Well Orville Wright, set his sights high up in the air. Him and WIlbur worked day and night; he didn't seem to care. Well the town folks said if you were meant to fly, God would have given you wings. What makes you want to spend all of your time building that flying machine? And Orville said, "It's just what I do when I can't get no lovin', just what I do when I can't get no lovin'. I'm the first fly boy you ever saw, 'cause lately I ain't gettin' no lovin' at all" Great theme. Jesse James and Picasso star in that song, too.
One time in 8th grade, we complained because all of the 6th and 7th graders got to go on these really cool field trips. So they planned some for us. We got to go to the zoo (in 8th grade! hahah), then to this butterfly factory, which was so cool, then to an aviation museum, which is what made me think of this. It was near Bradley, which is near where you live, so I bet they flew their first plane near you if they did it in CT.
and that's funny that those guys were gonna smoke; that inspired my trivia: according to one report, how many joints do you think it would take to kill a person?
Also, did you know that the first law passed about it in 1916 in the American colonies required farmers to grow it?
No comments:
Post a Comment